Sheppey RFC Vacancy – Head Coach
Following successful league campaigns, Sheppey RFC is now looking to appoint a highly motivated and experienced coach who can demonstrate the same appetite for success. Recognising the values and ambition of the club the successful applicant will be charged with developing the clubs player membership and the club's playing capacity and engagement, aiming for success in league competitions.
The head coach will lead the coaching team and will report directly to the Director of rugby, and be supported by the playing management team – this group is set up to support the club in delivering success.
Must be accredited to at least Level 2 or equivalent.
Can demonstrate experience in coaching senior club 1st XV or a playing/coaching past that suggests can add value at Level 8 rugby and higher
Roles and responsibilities
To lead the coaching team, primarily be responsible for the success and progression of the 1st XV, and assist in developing a strong rugby foundation within the club
• Plan, prepare and deliver quality, interesting and engaging coaching sessions
• Develop the skills and understanding of the players in the squad
• Evaluate all coaching sessions with the management team and players
• Mentor and advise assistant coaches and players where appropriate
• Provide feedback to assistant coaches and players
• Work within a supporting structure, lead the identification and recruitment of new players
• Be committed to furthering his/her coaching skills
• Ensure the senior players integrate into and contribute towards the club’s development
• Support coach education throughout club
• Maintain whole club accreditation standards
Skills and qualities
• Commitment and enthusiasm
This position will require a significant time commitment with planning, preparation and weekend sessions.
The head coach sets the standards for the coaches, manager and squad.
The Head Coach is directly responsible, to ensure that each session is prepared and communicated to the coaching team in good time.
Set an example and standards for the coaching team and squad. Be able to inspire the coaching team and players to ensure that all involved maximise their potential.
Delegate and share responsibility to the manager and assistant coaches to ensure that they feel valued and their expertise is used effectively.
• Team work
Work effectively with the players, coaches, managers, Director of rugby.
Clearly communicate the goals, the strategy, tactics to all in the playing group.
If you are interested in the position which comes with an excellent package for the right candidate please email or post coaching cv and cover letter to the clubs Director of rugby, details below.
Director of Rugby
DEADLINE FOR APPLICANTS 7th JUNE
INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD WEEK COMMENCING 10th JUNE